Guidline for Stain and Spot Removal
This information is given for those who want to try to remove spots on their own. If you are not comfortable with any of the procedures listed, you may contact Cleaning 4U and we will happily come out and carefully remove them for you.
To avoid damaging your carpet or upholstery, follow the instructions below exactly.
- Use a spoon or a dull knife to remove solid materials,
- Blot up liquids with a clean, dry white towel. Never rub, scrub or brush the carpet / upholstery, as this can cause excessive wear and permanently damage carpet / upholstery fibres,
- Work from outside to the centre with large spills,
- Apply all cleaning agents to a white towel, never directly to the carpet, as this can damage the backing,
- Use the steps and solutions in the cleaning code in the order given until you no longer see improvement, then proceed to the next step if the spot remains,
- Always use white distilled vinegar as the last step before rinsing if you have used ammonia during the process, even if the spot is already gone. Vinegar (low pH) neutralizes ammonia (high pH) and is a safe product to leave behind. It is not necessary to neutralize vinegar,
- Rinse the last cleaning solution you've used by spraying with clear water and blotting area with a clean, dry white towel. You may use a wet/dry vacuum to extract excess moisture prior to the towel if you have one, but it is not necessary,
- Once you have removed all of the visible stain, place a clean, dry white towel over the area and then place a heavy colourfast object such as a plastic wastebasket with a weight inside on the towel, Leave overnight. Continue this procedure by replacing the wet towels with dry ones until the area is nearly dry. Remove the weight and towel then gently brush the carpet fibres with your hand to lift the tufts. Allow the area to dry completely before walking on it,
- Do not to overwet the area. Overwetting carpets / upholstery while cleaning may cause them damage.
Don't put it off any longer, contact Cleaning 4U on 08001123430 or go to our online quotation form and get the best of the best when it comes to Stain Removing.
Return to Main page>>